WhiskyInvestDirect

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Investment Experiment: First financial Weigh In


 
Welcome to this week’s first financial weigh in, I am so excited to be sharing this with you. Today I am going to cover the first investments made, how they are looking, as well as go over the three platforms I decided to use.

I have decided to split the financial weigh ins into three different videos and sections, this will make it easier for you to follow and refer back to, especially if you only wish to follow only one of my investments of choice.

Please remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel, and remember to hit that bell notification so you get notified every time I post a new video.

I was so excited about this experiment, that last week I found it very difficult to only purchase one set of investments, but I managed to somehow hold myself back and not blow my entire investment budget for the year in just one week.

So…

Last week, straight after posting the announcement video, I went and purchased my first round of products, I did this so that you can see how the past week has affected these investments. I’m going to go through each one with you; I’m going to show you the price when I bought the product, what has happened in the price for the past week and how it is affecting the purchase price for this week’s investments.

Starting with gold…



Last week 0.1 gram of gold, all expenses included, cost me R75.31. Taking expenses into account, and the price of gold on the day, which was R587.44, this meant that after trade, I was in the red (meaning running at a loss) of R16.57.

Over this past week, gold dropped in value, which believe it or not is actually good news.
The gold price is, as of this week Monday was sitting at R577.55 per gram. This means that last week’s investment is now sitting even more so in the red by R17.56.

However, this is fantastic, because it means that this week, gold is even cheaper to buy, so now you really want to be investing. Today 0.1 gram of gold, cost me R74.24. This means that by the end of today’s trade, I was in the red in total by R34.04.

I am quite happy about this, as I know that gold is in an overall upward trend, and this money will be made back, and then some.

So who are we investing with?
The company is Karatbars International, and they are primarily based in Germany. 

Why them? Not only do they have Cashgold which you can buy as paper money from 0.1grams of gold, and small 1 gram gold bars, very neatly and safely packaged in a credit card style, but they also have:

1.       999.9 bullion gold, making it a superior grade
2.       They store the gold for you, but you can request to have it shipped to you at any time (just pay for the courier fees)
3.       They are Forward thinking and are launching a purely gold backed crypto currency (making it the safest crypto out there)
4.       They have an affiliate program that can bring you significant rewards (and help you successfully launch a home based business)
5.       You earn commissions in Euros (they supply you with a Mastercard debit card that you can use worldwide to spend your commissions)

If you are interested in signing up, click on the link and join my affiliate team today – or just sign up and start investing in gold today - https://www.karatgold.sg/?s=marrans 

Next up let’s look at the stock exchange investment.



After purchasing my 0.1 gram of gold, I then went and took the exact same amount of R75.31 and invested it in a Satrix40 fund. After fees, my total amount invested came up to R75.01 – this put me in the red for a mere 30 cents.

This week, my initial investment is now worth R75.41 – which actually puts me in the green (meaning not even a week later, I am already earning profit on this investment), of ten cents – it may be a very small profit, but it’s the kind that reflects just how huge the possible long term growth of this investment can be.

This week, I invested an amount of R74.24 – the same amount as 0.1 gram of bullion gold. My investment, after expenses came up to R73.95. This brings my total investment up to R149.08. This means that, after expenses, I am sitting in the red by R0.47 – and I am really quite excited to see where this investment will be sitting by next week Monday.

For this specific investment, I went onto SatrixNow.co.za and opened an investment account. It is an incredibly easy investment to make, and the fund invests in the top 40 companies on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) for you, without the hassle of you trying to manage these shares yourself. In fact I highly recommend this investment because of four main reasons:

1.       It is incredibly easy to start investing straight away (register your account, upload your KYC / FICA documents, and begin growing your portfolio)
2.       You get the best growth on the fund from the top companies on the stock exchange
3.       They have a number of funds that you can invest in that will help you to easily diversify your investment portfolio
4.       You can send gift vouchers through the site to friends and family members to get them started with investing too

In fact, all three of the investments I am sharing with you, I am gifting to my own family this year for their birthdays, because it’s not only a great, affordable gift, it helps me to help my family to secure their own future financial wealth.

Lastly, let’s have a look at the most disputed modern investment out there – crypto currencies.



I have personally done a huge amount of research on crypto currencies, and the result was that I have invested in a number of ways into this specific product. Why? Because it is here to stay, not only that but it is transforming our world in ways we can’t imagine, especially the technology, that is blockchain technology, that supports this type of currency.

It is so big, that Japan has already made Bitcoin its second official form of currency. If you haven’t invested in it yet in some form or another, then I highly suggest that you do. In fact my personal crypto portfolio has had the highest growth of all of my investment portfolios this year alone.

I recommend that you go and do your research on crypto currencies and blockchain technology, so that you can better understand just why you need to get started with this kind of investment.

For this experiment I decided to invest in the two top crypto currencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I decided to do something a little different here, I’m going to take the amount that I invested in gold, and split it 50/50 between these two currencies.

Let’s start by looking at Bitcoin

So because we are only investing half of the value of 0.1 gram of gold, the initial investment into Bitcoin is R37.65.

This bought me 0.00048216th of a Bitcoin. The price of a Bitcoin on the day was R76,556.00. After fees, I was in the red with this investment for an amount of R0.74. Bitcoin improved a little this week, bringing that amount down to R0.73

This week half a 0.1gram of gold bought me R37.12 worth of Bitcoin, which gave me a slightly smaller amount of 0.00047447th of a Bitcoin - bringing my total Bitcoin up to 0.00095663th of a Bitcoin, to the rand value of R 73.25, and placing me in the red by an amount of R1.52.

Now something very interesting happened with Ethereum this week.

As with Bitcoin, I initially invested R37.65. This bought me 0.01418109th of Ether. With the price of Ethereum at R2458.39, this placed me in the red for R2.79.

Now… This week Ethereum dropped to R2323.76 for an Ether, and my investment value came down to R37.12.

However, this managed to buy me 0.01467342th an Ether, which is actually more than last week by 0.00049233th an Ether. This means that I spent LESS money but got MORE Ethereum, so I highly recommend that if you are investing in Crypto this week, perhaps invest the full amount in Ethereum, rather than Bitcoin because you are receiving more for your money.

The platform I decided to purchase my crypto on is the Luno Wallet. Here are the top 5 reasons why I chose this specific platform.

1.       It is incredibly easy to get started; you can set up your account and start investing in crypto within minutes. Click on the following link sign up today: https://www.luno.com/invite/73MNGD
2.       The website is very user friendly – no confusing extras as I found with many other crypto currency wallets.
3.       It is really easy to deposit funds in to your account from any South African bank.
4.       Refer a friend and earn a commission – they too have a really great affiliate program. Share your affiliate code with those closest to you and get them investing too.
5.       You can invest from as little as R10 – that’s right only R10! No more excuses about not being able to afford to invest.

And that's how the investments are looking after the first week and going into the second week.

Now here comes the scary part, looking at all my investments together. The important thing to keep in mind here is that I have only just started, this means that I still need to recover most of my transaction fees, and I will expect to be in the red.

What I am doing here is planning for long term investments, and I will eventually find myself in the green for all my efforts… so let’s see how it looks after week 1.

Over the past week, I have spent a total of ZAR448.64 (this is for the first initial investment, plus this Monday’s investment).

After fees, the actual value of my investments is sitting at R404.89. Putting me in the red, running at a loss of R43.75

But as I mentioned, I’m not terribly worried about this as I’m pretty sure that by the end of the year, magic is going to happen.

Remember to give my videos a thumbs up, and let me know how much they helped you in the comments section, or just leave me an emoticon to brighten my day.

Also feel free to share my videos and blog posts, and let’s get everyone creating those investment portfolios.

Until next week’s Financial Weigh In, remember to always

Invest in yourself!








No comments: