WhiskyInvestDirect

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Do you give from a full heart?



I am a HUGE fan of supporting worthwhile charity organisations, in fact I work with a number of animal welfare groups whenever I'm given the chance to do so.

It's also no secret that giving to those in need is absolutely a part of being wealthy. Truly wealthy people know that when you give, the "Universe" sends good things back to you. In a way it's all about creating really great karma.

In fact research has shown that the wealthiest people are usually the ones with the biggest hearts, and who share the most. Whereas poorer people usually have the opposite beliefs about giving to those in need. Isn't that quite a bit of food for thought... how often do you help others in need?

No matter what I do, I always make sure to share at least 10% of my earnings with welfare groups (but in all honesty, it usually ends up being more). Though I believe you should never give because you feel you have to, it should be something that comes naturally, from a full heart.

This December the wife and I decided to renovate our bedroom... part of which includes our walk in closet, and if I'm being truly honest, we have A LOT of clothes we don't wear. So I made it my mission to drastically reduce what we own.

This is actually a process I have done for a long time. Every now and then I get a "bee in my bonnet" and decide to donate a large chunk of my wardrobe to those in need. As a tween and teenager I donated my clothes to child welfare. I would clear out my closet and call them and they would arrange for someone to come and collect my bag of old clothes and toys.

As I grew older, I would do the same, but find a local clothes drop off bin that supports a charitable cause. It's nothing that anybody ever made me do, it's something I've always done out of my own, and to be honest I've never really thought much about it until now.

I realized I hadn't gone through the process in five years, and it was more than time for the big clean out. I also really enjoy the anonymity of it. I like the idea of helping without others really knowing that I've done it. In fact one of the biggest lessons I wish to learn in my life is to "Learn to give without expecting to receive anything in return". It really us a big goal of mine.

A part of me feels that getting recognition for helping others is a bit counter productive, giving to help others is something that really should come from the heart. If you are doing it for the praise and applause, then you're definitely in it for the wrong reasons.

I have also decided to make this a point that I really want to focus on in 2019, to learn to really just give and help others, without saying "hey it was me". If the universe is going to be giving me all the karmic reward I deserve in return, then well, that's enough for me.

But in all honesty, even though I aim to expect nothing in return, I must admit that I really enjoy seeing how the process of giving really works. In the years when I have done the most giving, and helping others, those usually turn out to be my most abundant and successful years. It's not something I've ever aimed to do intentionally, but I cannot deny the evidence for myself.

If you really and truly want to be prosperous and abundant... 

then give... A LOT!


A really great book worth reading on the topic "Giving it all away... and getting it all back again. The way of living generously". It goes into much more eloquent detail on the process. Click on the image below to read it now!

 

No comments: